Dangers Of Constipation
Home Remedies And Hints On Treatment Of Constipation
Habitual constipation is usually accompanied by appetite, furred tongue, bad taste in the mouth, indigestion, flatulence or wind in the bowels, difficult breathing, malnutrition, anemia’s or poverty of blood, headache, flushing of the face, sores in the mouth, irritability of temper, disturbed sleep, etc.
10. Occasional constipation may be removed by the use of a dose of castor oil, 1 or 2 ounces, or myrobalan or a dose of Enos’ fruit salt.
11. Insist upon the habit on the regular hour every morning for the bowels to act, whether there be desire or not.
12. Porridge, stewed prunes, brown wholemeal bread, carrots, stewed fruits, fruit pudding, butter, cabbage, cauliflower, beans, brussels sprout are all beneficial in constipation.
13. If the feces are very hard they may be softened by injection with a syringe 4 ounces of warm olive oil into the rectum at night.
14. Infusion of seena pods is highly beneficial. Allow the pods is to remain in cold water for 24 hours.
15. A combination of liquid paraffin and cascade is very effective.
16. Prolonged use of artificially digested foods causes constipation. Too dry a diet also produces costiveness of bowels.
17. The Contents of the bowel must be semisolid, non-irritating and free from undigested food. Then alone the colon will work efficiently in inducing good peristalsis.
18. If you reduce your diet all at once, it will produce temporary constipation.
19. Asanas can remove constipation only if it is due to atonic condition of the nerves and muscles, and walls of the intestines. If it is due to an insufficiency of food, they cannot cure this kind of constipation.
Rectum should be emptied by giving a dose of an ounce of castor oil. Castor oil acts in three hours. Castor oil should be followed by an enema. This will produce an immediate cleaning. By the action of castor oil, there will be the removal of debris from up also.
The causes that produce constipation must be ascertained and the aim of the treatment should be directed towards the eradication of the cause. It is only by the discovery and appreciation of the causes that are in operation that constipation may safely be combated. In some cases medicines prove worse than useless; purgatives of every description do more harm than good. Discretion, common sense and sound judgment certainly go a long way in the treatment of constipation as in the cure of other diseases.
Most cases of constipation can be cured by rational methods without the use of drugs. In the first place, all causes which lead to the conditions must be avoided. If the patient has led a sedentary life, he must see that he gets the necessary exercise, by walking or riding, or by artificial means such as kneading the abdomen.
The cultivation of the habit of regular defecation is of paramount importance. One should go to the closet every day at a fixed hour in the early morning whether the effort is successful or not and buy such systematic solicitation his
One should go to the closet every day at a fixed hour in the early morning whether the effort is successful or not and by such systematic solicitation his endeavor will certainly be crowned with success. Hurried visits to the latrines and imperfect answering the calls should be deprecated. Sedentary habit must be avoided and plenty of
Hurried visits to the latrines and imperfect answering the calls should be deprecated. Sedentary habit must be avoided and plenty of exercises must be taken in the open air. Fruits fresh vegetables, cabbage, relieve the costiveness and effect softened motions in the morning. A cup of hot coffee acts as a promoted laxative. Measures should be taken to nip the constipation of an occasional nature in its bud lest become habitual. It is only when these auxiliary measures fail to produce the desired effects that we must resort to medical agents. In this
21. The diet should contain a large proportion of fresh foods such as lettuce, celery, tomatoes, and vegetables. Fruits are of the first importance like Prunes, figs, oranges, apples, and cooked fruits should be eaten freely, especially at breakfast time. Soft foods such as white bread, tea cakes, pastry, and all rich foods are not good. Water should be drunk freely on rising and between meals.
22. This fluid may well include a tumblerful of water, cold or hot, immediately on getting out of bed in the morning, and a tumblerful of hot water at bed time. Where hot water, with or without a saline aperient is ordered to be taken in the morning the effects is often enhanced if it be slowly sipped while dressing.
23. Absolutely forbid taking meat with tea; insist upon fruit or jam, or honey or treacle with farinaceous foods and order every night early morning a full quantity of such fruit as stewed figs, baked apples, bananas, etc.
24. A body should be warmly clothed to avoid the skin getting chilled and the feet kept warm and try by thick boots, with a cork or asbestos cloth.
25. Abdominal massages for ten minutes before rising, every morning. This ( which can readily be done by the patient ), followed by the cold or hot water on rising is often sufficient to produce a speedy evacuation.
26. Regular exercise, especially of those kinds which bring the abdominal muscles into play.
Sedentary habit must be avoided and plenty of exercises must be taken in the open air. Fruits fresh vegetables, cabbage, relieve the costiveness and effect softened motions in the morning. A cup of hot coffee acts as a promoted laxative. Measures should be taken to nip the constipation of an occasional nature in its bud lest become habitual. It is only when these auxiliary measures fail to produce the desired effects that we must resort to medical agents. In this connection, it will not be out of place to mention the varieties of aperients and their action.