Do you hate weight loss pills advertisements? Are you looking for ways to lose weight without consuming fancy pills? Rewinding back to 17th century when modern medicinal drugs were not so popular, the treatment mostly relied on faith, prayers, experience, and use of herbal plants.
A practitioner would often use herbs with curing power and say prayers for you. With the advancement in biological sciences over a few decades the market has been flooded with millions of new medicinal drugs. A doctor prescribes drugs to you in the form of tablets, capsules, syrups or even injections to cure the diseases.
However, with increasing use of drugs comes the cost of your kidneys’ health. The more medicines you use the more are your kidneys put in filtration work. Exposure to medicinal drugs for years can badly damage your kidneys when they reach their threshold capacity of filtration. The above stated facts necessitate understanding the various aspects of acupuncture that you cannot know through an acupressure for weight loss video.
- 1 4 Great Acupuncture For Weight Loss Points
- 2 7 Acupressure Points For Weight Loss With Chart
- 3 Acupressure Weight Loss Products
- 4 Side Effects/Demerits of Acupressure or Acupuncture
4 Great Acupuncture For Weight Loss Points
- In essence, it has been classified as a form Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is highly popular in the United States of America.
- In principle, this science states that every organ in human body and its function is connected to another body part which may not be related to it and these acupressure or acupuncture carry nerve impulses back and forth to these organs.
- For treatment of pain, it involves pin-pointing needles on body parts by the acupuncturists to relieve stress.
- This technique in used not only in pain relief treatments but also in aiding weight loss by regulating movement of fluid and inhibiting fat deposits in your body.
- Health Tip: Acupuncture should be performed by a trained practitioner because the accurate location and safe hooking of needles are essential. However, these methods are home remedies and can be performed by you as there are minimum or zero acupuncture for weight loss side effects.
- While there exists many acupuncture, a few of them that promote weight loss include ST 36, SP 6, SP 9, and CV 12.
1. Spleen 6 Acupunture Point
Maintaining proper water balance in body is very important for muscle growth and brain development. The traditional Chinese medicine claims that spleen meridian regulates the fluid motion in the body and acupuncturing spleen will release excess water retained and therefore maintain a proper balance aiding weight loss.
This is also known as three yin crossing and located on the inside of your lower leg approximately 5 inches above ankle bone.
Extensive research has suggested that regular acupuncturing of Spleen 6 (or SP6) can reduce your weight by almost 5 pounds maximum.
2. Spleen 9 Acupunture Point
SP 9 acupuncture point is found to be very effective in healing abdominal bloat, cramps, water retention and is found to yield immediate results in weight loss. Figure below locates the position:
3. Stomach 36 Acupunture Point
It is also known as three leg miles. This acupuncture point stimulates the stomach meridian and it is located about 5 inches below patella on the outside of your shinbone on both legs.
This location is important because stimulating ST36 enhances release of hydrochloric acid (HCl) which further promotes your body’s ability to intake nutrients and assimilate them.
This ultimately helps in controlling appetite and digestion – two essential factors needed to promote body weight loss. The figure below denotes the exact location of ST 36:
4. Conception Vessel 12 Acupuncture Point
The CV meridian stands for Conception Vessel and it runs down through the center of the front body. Studies show that CV 12 is located right the middle of your belly button and sternum. It helps in managing energy flow in the body, rate of metabolism and other minute factors contributing to overall weight management.
7 Acupressure Points For Weight Loss With Chart
- This technique involves applying pressure on different on your body using hand, elbow, or any other device having soft pressure pads.
- Health Tip: Massaging the area before and after acupressure treatment is advised because it aids in weight loss by reconfiguring your digestive system and reducing hunger cravings.
- There are five meridians or pressure on your body you need to focus on for weight loss. These include ears, abdominal region, knees, elbows, and ankles.
- Written below is the detail of acupressure for weight loss with chart and the descriptions will guide you through the process:
1. Elbow Pressure Point
This pressure point is located on the inner side of your elbow crease. The nerves in this area are directly linked to your intestines and applying pressure on it will stimulate the functioning of intestines and remove excess body heat or unwanted moisture from the region. You can apply pressure by pressing your thumb on the elbow for about a minute on both hands as shown:
2. Knee Acupressure Point
The knee acupressure point is located about 2 inches below your knee cap on the outer side. Apply pressure with the help of your thumbs for a minute. Release the pressure and repeat the same for both the legs but this time move your tows up and down wherein you feel your muscle movement. Continue this for another 2 minutes. This acupressure point aids in optimum functioning of digestive system and stomach. Here is the picture depicting the process:
3. Ankle Pressure Point
The ankle point can be found just 2 inches above your ankle, on the inner side of both your legs. A majority of acupressure are related to digestive system because weight loss depends largely on nutrition. A healthy digestive system is essential to stimulate loss of weight. These ankle also will help in building a strong digestive system in your body.
4. Ears Pressure Point
This pressure point is linked to controlling your appetite. Optimum appetite is essential is maintaining your weight and ear acupressure can be located below the jaw of your ears. Moving it up and down will reveal the maximum muscle movement location and at this location apply pressure for a minute as shown:
5. Pressure Point For Reducing Thighs
Thigh is the second most probable region where fat accumulation takes place after abdominal region. Lack of exercise or physical activities can lead to thick thigh development.
The region specific to acupressure for reducing thighs is called the no-name point as shown in the figure below. Press the inner side of both your thighs which stimulates blood circulation and body metabolism which removes useless moisture and wastes in the thigh ultimately making it look slender. The location is pointed as shown below:
6. Abdomen Pressure Point
These acupressure help to increase bowel movement and thus get rid of constipation. This point is located at 3 cm below your belly button. Massage this area with your fingers up and down for about 2 minute twice a day for better weight loss results. The picture depicts the process:
7. Abdominal Sorrow Pressure Point
This region refers to the last rib which is a prime location for rib pain relief, ulcers and indigestion problems. Press this region for about 5 minutes daily to achieve best results as shown.
Acupressure Weight Loss Products
Acupressure Weight Loss Ring
Any acupressure weight loss ring refers to a set of silicone rings that carry magnets which are supposed to work as acupressure pads which reduces hunger and supports weight loss. One of the commonly used weight loss rings available in the market are Acupressure weight loss rings and can be found online on Amazon or acupressureindia.com and other e-commerce websites.
Weight Loss Beads
The acupressure weight loss beads are worn behind the ears for regulating body metabolism and triggering weight loss. The spontaneity of treatment varies among individuals and some brands such as Accu-Trim claim to make you lose as much as 7 pounds per week.
Side Effects/Demerits of Acupressure or Acupuncture
While this traditional Chinese alternative medicine practice has proved to be beneficial for a lot of people, it also carries some of the side effects mentioned below:
- It is not meant for everybody, nerve impulse is different in every individual and responses may be highly effective or not work at all.
- For pregnant women, it is more harmful both for fetus and mother, hence must be avoided.
- It has a rather long term effect and takes a lot of time to realize the results which may cause frustration and generate expensive bills for the therapists owing to long period of treatment.
- People who have osteoporosis or fractured bones cannot undergo these treatments.