Do you have red or yellow patches right at the corner of your lips? Are they swollen badly and make an angle? Well, you might be suffering from Angular Cheilitis. You can get such kind of patched on one or both sides of your face. It is also known as Angular Stomatitis. It has similar symptoms to that of herpes cold sores like cracking of the corner of your mouth. So it is better to get it checked once by your doctor before you proceed further. There are a lot of options when it comes to Angular Cheilitis Treatment Over the Counter. But these can’t be a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and professional help.
- 1 Some Common Causes Of Angular Cheilitis
- 1.1 Treat Angular Cheilitis With Over The Counter Methods
- 1.1.1 1. Rub Alcohol On Your Lips
- 1.1.2 2. Apply Petroleum Jelly
- 1.1.3 3. Anti-Bacterial Lotion
- 1.1.4 4. Take In Supplements
- 1.1.5 5. Use Baking Soda
- 1.1.6 6. Apply Anti Fungal Cream
- 1.1.7 7. Use Tea Tree Oil
- 1.1.8 8. Hydrocortisone Cream
- 1.1.9 9. Natural Enzymes- Candex
- 1.1.10 Things You Need To Keep In Mind When It Comes To Treatment Of Angular Cheilitis
- 1.1 Treat Angular Cheilitis With Over The Counter Methods
Some Common Causes Of Angular Cheilitis
One may wonder that how do you get Angular Cheilitis? There are a lot of reasons why one can get Angular Cheilitis. Mostly, it is caused when your saliva gets trapped between the corners of your mouth. When the saliva gets dried up, the area becomes extremely dry. The dry skin tends to crack.
You might again lick that area and that worsens the situation. It helps fungus to grow in that area due to the moisture and warmth it gets. Fungus such as Candida, which is already present in our digestive system, grows in such areas and leads to infection.
It is that fungus which leads to diaper rash in case of babies. There are a lot of people who are at risk of getting Angular Cheilitis. They are:
- If you have braces or dentures, then you can get Angular Cheitilis.
- When you lick your lips a lot and have a higher amount of saliva in your body.
- If you have crooked or uneven teeth, then you can get this disease.
- When you smoke a lot or the skin beside your lips starts sagging then you get cracks on your skin.
- When you suffer from vitamin deficiency like vitamin B then you can get this disease.
Treat Angular Cheilitis With Over The Counter Methods
Here are some of the ways using which you can treat Angular Cheilitis easily. These methods are for Angular Cheilitis Treatment over the counter and tbhey work depending on the severity of the case. These method differ from one person to another.
1. Rub Alcohol On Your Lips
It may sound bizarre but rubbing alcohol on your lips does bring amazing results when it comes to Angular Cheilitis. Alcohol acts as a disinfectant and helps to combat with the infection that is skin deep. However, your mouth area has a really thin layer of skin. So it may hurt a little when you apply alcohol in that area. You need to be very careful when you are using this form of method to treat Angular Cheilitis. There are several Angular Cheilitis healing stages before you get completely cured.
2. Apply Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum Jelly cannot help you to get totally rid of he underlying bacteria or fungus, that has lead to the infection. But what it does is that it acts as a barrier between the skin and the moisture. This helps to stop further growth of the infection and helps to get rid of some of the discomfort due to Angular Cheilitis.
3. Anti-Bacterial Lotion
You have to find out the underlying cause of Angular Cheilitis in your case. If it is a bacterial infection in your case, then you need to buy an anti-bacterial ointment as soon as possible. First, you have to clean that particular area with rubbing alcohol. After that, you have to apply anti-bacterial lotion or ointment on that area to get rid of the bacteria. Angular Cheilitis cream boots also help you to fight with a bacteria infection.
4. Take In Supplements
Candida is usually present in our digestive tract. But if you take in a lot of sugar, then it can lead to an excessive growth in its number. So you have to cut down on a sugar rich diet and take in supplements like Candigone to get relief from Angular Cheilitis. Sometimes, Candida in excess amounts leads to Angular Cheilitis.
5. Use Baking Soda
You should know before using baking soda that it will not kill the root of the problem. Baking soda can only be used in order to get rid of the discomfort due to Angular Cheilitis. Also another thing you need to keep in mind is that baking soda is highly alkaline. It has a PH level of 9 and can damage your mouth corners severely. You can use other milder versions like apple-cider vinegar as it is less alkaline.
Read Also: Baking Soda For Constipation
6. Apply Anti Fungal Cream
There are several over the counter anti-fungal cream for treating Angular Cheilitis. These creams have clotrimazole as the core ingredient. If you are suffering from Angular Cheilitis due o a fungal infection then this will work for you. You have to apply this cream all throughout the day, for around 6- 8 times. If you want, you can apply petroleum jelly after that if you want to get rid of the moisture. You can also use Angular Cheilitis neosporin for fungal infections.
7. Use Tea Tree Oil
It is basically an old remedy that comes from the Aboriginal Clan of Australia. This oil is extracted from the tea tree leaves and is very effective. Even though it is a primary ingredient in many skin care products, it should be handled with care. If not used in moderate amounts then tea-tree oil can even burn your lips.
8. Hydrocortisone Cream
Angular Cheilitis Hydrocortisone cream is used to treat several skin problems such as skin allergies, reactions and much more. You can buy one without any prescription. There is a lot of variety when it comes to hydrocortisone cream. The ones which are mild can be used without the prescription but that is not the case with the strong ones. These kind of creams helps to get instant relief as it helps to deal with the immune response. But it won’t treat the underlying infection which causes Angular Cheilitis. Even if you use it, you have treat the underlying infection in order to prevent the disease from coming back. This is one of the Angular Cheilitis Prescription treatment that is very effective.
9. Natural Enzymes- Candex
Dietary supplements such as Candex can be used to treat Angular Cheilitis. It is pretty strong as it contains enzymes that help to digest the walls of the fungus. It can treat a lot of yeast infection and since it is strong, it might not be the first choice when it comes to treating Angular Cheilitis.
Things You Need To Keep In Mind When It Comes To Treatment Of Angular Cheilitis
Only using Angular Cheilitis treatment over the counter is not enough to get rid of the disease completely. You have to make severe changes in your way of lifestyle. Usually, this kind of disease is a result of reckless lifestyle. Whether the cause is bacterial or fungal, these things should always be kept in your mind.
- You should try and avoid licking your lips more often. Even if you lick your lips, in order to keep it from getting dry, then it does not serve the purpose. This only leads to fungal infection as the fungus gets the right amount of moisture and warmth that it needs to go. It is better to use a lip balm when you feel that your lips are dry.
- If you are suffering from this disease, then it is advisable to not use any moisturiser in that part of your face.
- Some people get prone to bacterial infection due to deficiency of a particular nutrient in their body. Some of you cannot absorb nutrients in your body. If that is the case, then supplements should be taken in order to get rid of such kind of diseases.
There are a lot of options when it comes to Angular Cheilitis Treatment over the counter. But first you have to ask yourself an important question- how do you get Angular Cheilitis? It is not a serious disease but if left untreated, it can turn into a severe problem. Angular Cheilitis makes your face looks dull and unattractive. It can also lead to more severe disease as it indicates an unhealthy lifestyle. The ultimate goal is to keep your skin dry so that it doesn’t get affected again. So don’t panic and get it treated as soon as possible.
You May Like To Read This:
- 5 Best Over The Counter Hemorrhoid Treatments To Shrink Hemorrhoids
- 5 Best Ointment For Piles In India That Really Works
- Patanjali Products For Piles: 6 Best Ayurvedic Medicines For Hemorrhoid