Urticaria is also known as HIVES. It can be triggered by many causes and substances. Usually, it starts as an itchy red raised skin which later turns into rashes, it may be triggered by allergies also.
- 1 Home Remedies For Hives Urticaria- Indian Home Remedies Urticaria
- 2 8 Best Homeopathic Medicine For Urticaria (Hives)
The occurrence of Urticaria(Hives)
When an allergic reaction happens to our body, our body releases a protein called histamine. When this histamine is released. The tiny blood vessels known as capillaries leaks some fluid these fluid accumulates on the surface of the skin causing the rashes. a common question will arrive when you get a basic information that the histamine and chemicals cause inflammation and fluid to accumulate under the skin, causing wheals.
Allergic reactions, chemicals in certain foods and meal, insect stings, exposure to sunlight, or cretin medicins can all cause histamine release. It’s often impossible to find out why exactly hives have formed.
- 10+ Best Patanjali Products For Skin And Beauty
- How To Get Rid Of Dermatitis : 15 Best Eczema On Hands Treatment (Fast)
Some of the known triggers are:
1. Foods- Eggs, nuts, Shellfish, Strawberries, wheat products.
2. Medications, such as antibiotics, penicillin, aspirin, and ibuprofen.
3. High body temperature.
4. Insect stings or bites.
5. Blood transfusions.
6. Pet dander from dogs, cats, horses.
7. Particular chemicals.
8. Sunlight exposure.
9. Water on the skin.
10. Some plants, such as poison oak and poison ivy.
12. Dust Mites.
13. Cockroaches and cockroach waste.
14. Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and strep throat.
15. Infections, including influenza, the common cold, glandular fever, and hepatitis B.
Symptoms Of Hives
Swellings, known as wheels, appear as a rash on the skin, it usually becomes red or pink with an oval or round shape. It can appear on any area of the body. Swollen lips and hives at night is often seen in patients.
It may change its shape or move around, can disappear or reappear over short periods of time.
Red or skin-colored “wheals” with clear edges usually appear suddenly and often disappear even quicker.
The wheals usually occur in groups, frequently on the face or the extremities, including the areas like- arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, and toes. hives from mosquito bites should not be underestimated.
It can normally disappear within 24 hours, but new ones may form. They can appear on just one part of the body, or on several parts.
In some cases, hives can continue for many days. People with chronic hives can have symptoms for longer periods of months or years. These are not life-threatening topically, though swelling in the throat or any other symptom that restricts breathing will need an immediate or emergency response.
Home Remedies For Hives Urticaria- Indian Home Remedies Urticaria
Home remedies can act as a boon to you as it has given lots of magical effects on the patients. But, the point here to note down is that Sometime It may not give the desired results due to the suitability of your body type. So, It’s better to have a consultation with your doctor.
The following remedies are very helpful to you. It is recommended that If you’re not getting results even after 4-5 days. Consult with the specialist once.
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is very effective in Urticaria as baking soda has anti-inflammatory properties its helps reducing inflammation and itching.
Uses- Add 1-2 tablespoon of baking soda to water make a thick paste and apply it to the affected area of the body.
Buy here: 365 Everyday Value, Baking Soda $0.99
- How To Use Baking Soda For Constipation (Baking Soda Laxative Recipe)
- 9 Effective Angular Cheilitis Treatment Over The Counter
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a natural skin moisturizer and will take care of the intense itching sensation which in turn accompanies the hives rashes.it also restrict from developing any bacterial or fungal infections.
Uses: Take some coconut oil gently apply it on the affected area and leave it for few hours.
3. Oatmeal Bath
Oats has the ability to calm skin inflammation, as it consists of high salicylic acid content.
Uses- Simply add a cup or two of uncooked oats into a stocking or cheesecloth. Tie it up with a rubber band so that oats can’t leak out. Put the oats in the running water as your bath fills up and take bath with the water.
4. Cold compress
Cold temperature helps shrink the blood vessels and block further release of histamine, which restricts the further formation of rashes.
Uses- Wrap some ice cubes in a cloth. Place it over the affected skin for 10 minutes at a time, three or four times a day. You can also try the bath with cool water.
- 5 Types Of Stool Softeners For Kids And Babies
- Top 10 Stool Softener Brands For Pills, Tablets, & Syrups
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel consists of glucomannans which accelerate the healing process.
Uses- take some fresh aloe vera juice from its leaf apply it to the affected skin, keep it for 20-30 minutes and wash it with cold water.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is another very effective remedy for Urticaria. It has antihistamine properties which help relieve inflammation quickly and regulates the body’s immune system.
- Mix one or two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it.
- You can also take 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar to a bathtub filled with warm water.
- And keep your body inside the bathtub for 20-30 minutes.
Turmeric has curcumin in it which has the bioactive component, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antihistamine properties. All of these works as a remedy for Urticaria.
- Mix the turmeric powder in the water and drink this twice a daily.
- You can also make a turmeric powder paste and apply it on the rashes.
- Best Stool Softener For Daily Use (Without Getting Addicted)
- Itchy Bum Hole Not Worms? It’s Probably The Pinworms!
8. Fish oils
Fish oil capsules can heal hives miraculously, it has the essential fatty acids, They contain anti-inflammatory properties which helps in curing the Urticaria.
- Take 1-2 capsules daily of fish oil. People with severe Urticaria may take up to 3 capsules daily.
- Caution- Do not take fish oil capsules if fish or its related products are a trigger food for allergic reactions to your body.
You can buy here: Nature Made Burpless Fish Oil $14.29
- Atkins Meal Plan For 7 Days: Ultimate Low Carb Meal Plan
- 2000 Calorie Diet Weight Loss Meal Plan Is Here
It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the swelling caused by the Urticaria. It is also a natural blood purifier which eliminates the itching sensation and increases the blood flow.
Uses: Mix the ginger juice with the honey and drink it.
10. Green Tea
Green tea nowadays is very popular due to its many benefits. The polyphenols present in green tea reduce inflammation caused by hives and also with skin rashes.
You can buy it here: Diet Lipton Green Tea $3.99
Characteristics and guiding symptoms of some medicines used in this disease are described below:
8 Best Homeopathic Medicine For Urticaria (Hives)
1. Apis Mel
This medicine is useful when your Urticaria is painful and tender to touch. These symptoms may show at night and also to a person with Asthmatic symptoms.
Sometimes you may also show symptoms like thirstlessness, angry and oversensitiveness. In all of these condition Apis Mel can be very effective.
- 25 Best Homeopathic Medicines For Piles And Hemorrhoids
- Patanjali Products For Piles: 6 Best Ayurvedic Medicines For Hemorrhoid
Dulcamara is effective for a patient when there is a sudden change from warm to cool and damp. some common symptoms like- scratching. It can appear mostly in cold air, chilly weather or at Autumn.
Buy here: Boiron Dulcamara 30C $6.99
3. Hepar Sulph
Urticaria is an oversensitive disease. Hepar Sulph is effective when Urticaria appears before and after chill and
4. Natrum Mur
When urticaria is caused by the warmth and after violent exercise along with dirty skin, unhealthy, unhygienic works etc. Urticaria with large red and intense itching. In all above conditions, Natrum mur is effective.
Buy here: Boiron Natrum Muriaticum 200C $8.44
When Urticaria is caused by violent exercises, and a person with similar or equivalent physical work can show same symptoms. In these conditions, Psorinum is useful.
Buy here: PSORINUM 6C $8.49
When Urticaria is caused by warm and exercise, meat and rich food.
A patient may show symptoms like- thirstlessness, weepy etc. In this conditions, we can use Pulsatilla medicine.
Buy Now: Boiron Pulsatilla 30C $6.09
7. Rhus Tox
When urticaria Is caused From becoming wet, during chill, fever, perspiration, and rheumatism.
When a patient shows symptoms like scratching, restlessness, anxious and desires milk Rhus tox may be very effective.
Best Buy: Hylands – Rhus Tox. 30X 250 tabs $12.40
8. Urtica Urens
Urticaria with itching and burning of skin symptoms and alternating with rheumatism.
Can occur after violent exercise, bathing, warm hand exercise etc. in this kind of urticaria, Urtica urens medicine may be the most effective one.
Buy here: URTICA URENS 200C $15.50