Are you suffering from arthritis? Have tried out all the over the counter medicines but none of them worked for you? Please don’t worry as now you can get prescription topical pain relief creams for these kinds of diseases.
Arthritis mostly deals with joint pain and can be quite painful as well as problematic. It is usually identified by observing certain symptoms which hinders one’s day to day life.
All the treatments that are recommended for Arthritis help to treat and manage the disease effectively. It affects mostly women and elderly people. Patients who are not usually satisfied with the medicines that can be bought over the counter can get prescribed medication for arthritis.
People who are sensitive to oral pills or have ulcers can also use prescription topical pain relief cream for arthritis.
- 0.1 3 Different Kinds Of Gels, Rubs Or Creams For Arthritis
- 1 Several Kinds Of Prescription Topical Relief Cream And Products On The Market
3 Different Kinds Of Gels, Rubs Or Creams For Arthritis
Usually topical medications are used externally where it gets rubbed over the affected area. People who are not comfortable taking oral medication can use this form of treatment. There are several kinds of ingredients that help in a topical cream for arthritis.
This is the same ingredient for which ‘Asprin’ helps you to get rid of your pain. You can find this ingredient in several topical creams for arthritis as well. It gets well absorbed into the skin and targets the joint areas. It is great if your elbows, knees and fingers are getting affected. Some of the best rated arthritis creams have this ingredient as one of the core ingredients.
There are several kinds of ingredients like menthol, camphor which helps you deal with pain. When it gets applied to the affected area, you feel a temperature change in that area. There is a simultaneous heating as well as cooling sensation in that area. That helps you to take your mind off the pain. This ingredient is better than the ones used in narcotic pain creams.
- 7 Best Hemorrhoid Cream And Ointments For Fast Relief
- Hemorrhoid Solutions: Home Remedies For Hemorrhoid What Works Best
This is one of the core ingredients when it comes to products like these. It is crucial when it comes or getting relief from joint pain as well as nerve pain. When you apply a topical cream which has Capsaicin in it, you get a tingling sensation which feels warm. But over time you will get used to it and the condition improves. Such creams take time to get the job done. It is used to create the best cream for knee pain.
Several Kinds Of Prescription Topical Relief Cream And Products On The Market
There are several kinds of oral medication in the market that has a dozen of side-effects. But with topical creams the risk gets lowered. Here is a list of prescription topical relief cream for Arthritis:
1. Diclofenac Sodium Gel 1 Percent
It is also known as Voltaren, as it is the generic name. It is mostly used when areas of your arms, wrists as well as elbows. The right amount of medicine should only be applied as over-application can lead to a lot of problems. You have to apply around 2 gms on the affected area. It will be applied almost four times a day, regularly without fail.
So around 8 gms of this medicines will give you the relief that you need. Usually a dosing card is always given with these kinds of medications. You should not exceed beyond 32gms per day as it can have negative effects. Out of all the pain relief cream Voltaren is the most effective one.
2. Diclofenac Epolamine 1.3 Percent Patch
It is also known as Flector and it is an anti-inflammatory agent. The working mechanism of this kind of drug is that it acts to reduce the amount of the substance that causes pain in your body and thus reduces inflammation.
You need to apply this, on your joints. The dosage should not exceed beyond two times per day. But Flector is not recommended for people who have a history of heart diseases.
You should always consult with your doctor first as you might also be allergic to some kind of medicines. You have to apply the patch on the area that is affected. If the patch is not staying at its place then you can use a medical tape for it.
3. Diclofenac Sodium 1.5 Percent Liquid
The generic name of this medicine is Pennsaid. It is mostly used for arthritis pain in the joint area of the knee. You have to apply the medicine almost 10 drops for four times a day. The total will then come up to 40 drops everyday.
The solution should be applied evenly, on your knee. Do not cover the area before the medicine dries up. If there is an open wound then you should not be applying this medicine.
It cannot be applied in huge proportions as well. You need to get yourself checked to see if you are allergic to it or not. Pregnant women are advised not to use such kind of prescription topical pain relief cream.
- 20+ Foods To Avoid With Hemorrhoids (Just Stay Away)
- 5 Best Ointment For Piles In India That Really Works
- 14 Best Foods For Hemorrhoids Treatment (Indian Diet For Piles)
4. Diclofenac Sodium 3 Percent Gel
The common name for this medicine is Solaraze. Even though it was originally approved to treat different kinds of skin diseases, it can also be used to treat arthritis. When you are asking your doctor, always ask for a prescription. You should not exceed or minimise the disease that is there.
People should avoid this medication if they are prone to gastro-intestinal infections as well as heart diseases. Pregnant women do not use this medicine as it can be transferred to the child while breastfeeding. It is one of the best prescription cream for back pain.
5. Diclofenac Sodium 2 Percent
This medication is also known as pennsaid. You have to apply around 40 gms of this medicine throughout the day. You should keep it away from the reach of the kids as it is a prescription arthritis cream.
6. Lidocaine Patch
These patches help to treat arthritis topically. This medicine is mostly an anaesthetic. It helps to controls the transmission of neural messages and numbs the affected area that was paining. It has been clinically tried and tested.
People have used these patches for around 12 weeks. Around 71 percent of these people have reported that it helps them to get rid of the pain in a significant amount. There are several pain relief cream with lidocaine available in the market.
Necessary Precautions That You Have To Take
There are some precautions that you can take which help you to minimise the risk that is associated with these prescription topical pain relief cream. They are:
- You have to read the pack of the product carefully before you start using it. Do not try to ignore the instructions that are given on the pack as they are very important.
- Topical creams should not be applied on the broken or damaged skin. If you apply topical creams on wounds, it can worsen your situation and increase the pain.
- You should never try to use these creams along with a heating pad. These kinds of pads can cause burns.
- You should never use these kinds of creams underneath tight bandage. Tight bandages constrict the blood flow in that area and such prescription topical pain relief cream will not work in that area well. Refer to a doctor in such cases.
- You have to wash your hands before as well as after using it. If you don’t then these medicines will come in contact with your sensitive areas such as eyes, nostrils, genital areas. You should not touch these areas of your body with these kinds of products on your hand.
- If you are allergic to some medicines, then you should get yourself checked. Allergic reactions can occur if you use prescription topical pain relief cream at times. It varies from one person to another.
- Along with this, you can use hot as well as cold packs in that area. Cold packs help you to deal with arthritis. It makes the area numb and reduces inflammation. It increases blood flow in that affected area. Hot packs are used to provide relief. It helps to send oxygen to the affected area of your body.
- 45+ High Fiber Foods List For Constipation And Healthy Stomach
- 11 Food That Cause Constipation List ( Red Meat, Bananas & More)
Thus, if you are not really satisfied with the over the counter options when it comes to arthritis, you can get any of these medicines such as arthritis cream Voltaren prescribed from your general physician and you are good to go. There are a lot of people who suffer from arthritis but don’t let it complicate your life. You can use prescription topical relief cream and get cured in a couple of weeks.