An irregular eating habit is another reason for having hard stools and facing difficulty in bowel movements. Apart from such organic causes, symptoms might develop as an aftereffect of certain medicines. It is highly likely that the doctor will suggest you “Docusate” which is the most conventional medicine that is used to treat strains or erratic pattern in bowel movement. Stool softeners are handy since they soften the hardness of your stool by increasing the amount of water from the gut. This allows the stool to pass easily thus making your defecation easy.
How To Push Out Poop When Constipated – Immediate Poping Out The Hard Mass
There are a lot of prescribed medicines that you might get suggested by the doctors. Other than “Docusate,” there are other meds which helps you and acts as stool softeners. Stool softeners usually come, in as capsules, drops and even syrups. Strictly follow the directions written on the label of the medicine or consult your doctor for instructions. Usually, they are taken a right before bedtime.
Some common queries that people with constipation generally have:
- How to make stool soft immediately?
- How to pass a hard stool fast?
- My poop is hard and won’t come out
- How to push poop out when constipated
- My poop is too big to come out and hurts
- Poop won’t come out all the way
- How to soften stool immediately?
- Poop stuck halfway out
- How to pass a hard stool naturally?
- How to make poop come out when constipated?
- How to make hard poop come out?
Well, this post is an answer to all your queries, so go ahead and read our picks to soften stools.
Prolonged usage is not advisable if not otherwise. Still, if the symptoms persist after taking the medicines for a week or so, then immediately call the doctor or wait for further instructions. For syrups, you can mix the prescribed amount of dosage into milk or fruit juice since it’s too bitter for your taste. Before you start taking these, make sure that you are not on any aspirin or even vitamins.
Pregnant women should avoid taking this altogether or even if you are deciding to conceive, avoid using this altogether. If you are taking mineral oil, then its advised not to consume any medicinal stool softener. There are certain side effects that might reprise from time to time. Side effects include stomach ache, nausea and throat irritation but in any case, always contact your doctor and tens to yourself accordingly. Certain brand names with composition are as follows:-
- Correctol 50 Plus® (containing Docusate, Sennosides)
- Ex-Lax Gentle Strength®(containing Docusate, Sennosides)
- Gentlax S®(containing Docusate, Sennosides)
- Peri-Colace®(containing Docusate, Sennosides)
- Senokot S®(containing Docusate, Sennosides)
- Dioctyl calcium sulfosuccinate
- Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate
- Docusate calcium
- Docusate sodium
It is quite important for you to carry your medical history before visiting any doctor. That history should also include the medicines that you have been taking, or currently, you are on. This helps the doctors to prescribe you medicines accordingly to avoid health mishaps. You should bring this list whenever you are visiting a hospital or doctor for every other condition too. Keep the medicines in a container away from any children or pet. And definitely, keep it at your room temperature to avoid excessive temperature or moisture. Unnecessary medicines are advised to be thrown away or could be flushed down the toilet.
These are the basic guidelines, but it is advisable that you consult a professional doctor before deciding anything for yourself.
Below listed are some remedies which might help you for softening your stool. However, it is recommended to visit your doctor as soon as possible in case you face difficulty with your bowel movements.
Best Ayurvedic Medicine For Constipation And Gas Foods That Soften Stool Quickly
There are some various ayurvedic remedies that help to soften your stool. Some of them are listed as below:
- One teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with one cup of water can be taken in orally.
- Drink 80 ounces of water or herbal tea every day.
- Include a lot of organic oil in your diet.
- Mix one-fourth teaspoon of powdered carom seeds in a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of rock salt. Drink this every day for best results.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder and petroleum jelly and apply it on the affected area before bowel movements.
- Pomegranate peels smoothie is considered to be one of the best ayurvedic remedies. Drinking it thrice a day will help to prevent these diseases.
- Drink a cup of boiled milk with 1-2 tablespoon of ghee before going to bed.
- Intake of fiber-rich food such as whole grain is very effective for softening the stool and easy bowel movements.
- Eating a banana with a little camphor in the morning before eating anything else helps in easy bowel movements.
- Having radish juice or taking in grated radish with honey is also recommended.
Natural Stool Softener Home Remedies
For irregular bowel movements, you can also follow the listed home-made remedies for a smooth bowel movement.
- Drink more water every day.
- Increase the intake of fibrous food.
- Drink caffeinated coffee.
- Exercise more regularly.
- Increase the intake of probiotic food and probiotic supplements.
- Have herbal laxative senna.
- Intake Glucomannan supplements.
- Eat prunes or drink prune juice.
- Maintain a healthy diet chart.
Homeopathy Tool Softener Laxatives
Homeopathy remedies for softening stools are considered to be the safest and economical remedy because it doesn’t have side effects and is affordable by the majority of the people suffering from it. Medicines like:
- Natrum Mur– This is a highly recommended Homeopathic medicine for people suffering from constipation, where the stool is passed on every alternate day of the week.
- Aesculus Hippocastanum and Collinsonia Canadensis– It is the top Homeopathic medicines for people suffering from constipation, hemorrhoids, and piles.
- Ratanhia and Nitric Acid– This is a top rated Homeopathic medicine for patients dealing with anal fissures and constipation.
- Alumina-This Homeopathic medicine is said to work wonders for people who suffer from constipation, where there is no certain urge to pass down stool for several days.
- Nux Vomica-Nux Vomica– This is a highly recommended Homeopathic medicine for patients who deal with constipation, where there is an ineffectual urge to pass down scanty stools.
- Bryonia Alba– It is believed to be an amazing Homeopathic medicine for people suffering from constipation, where the stool is with dry, hard and in the form of a lump.
- Antimonium Crudum and Podophyllum Peltatum– This is a wonderful Homeopathic medicine for patients who deal with cases of constipation, and diarrhea alternatively.
- Lycopodium Clavatum– It is believed to be the most effective Homeopathic medicine for people who are suffering from constipation with the bloated abdomen.
- Silicea– This is a valuable Homeopathic medicine for patients dealing with constipation where the stool is receding after being expelled partially.
- Opium and Chelidonium Majus– It is the best Homeopathic medicines for constipation with dry and hard stool in the form of a ball.
These medicines are considered to be the best medicines to soften stools. However, it is advisable to show a doctor before taking in medicines on your own.
Remedies that will give you instant relief and will soften your stool naturally are listed below:
- Eat 20-35 grams of fibrous food daily.
- Keep yourself well hydrated.
- Drink aloe vera juice daily.
- Intake ginger tea.
Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
- Stop the intake of heavy, cool, dry, and stale foods, like pastries, pickles, jams, canned and packaged foods.
- Increase the intake of whole-wheat flour, brown rice, barley, legumes, whole grains, lentils, beans, peas, chickpeas, soybeans, buttermilk, rock salt, etc.
- Please avoid tea, aerated drinks, coffee, and alcoholic drinks.
- Increase the assumption of foods that are rich in fiber, like Indian gooseberries or amla, green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid eating root vegetables except for radish and carrot.
- Eat more fruits.
- Avoid the intake of excessive overeating, fasting, eating during indigestion, and eating incompatible food.
- Increase the consumption of liquid daily.
- Having purified butter with warm food helps.
- Start exercising and yoga.
- Maintain a proper sleeping habit.
It is advisable for a person suffering from improper bowel movements to visit the nearest hospital for a check-up and proper medication which should be followed by the patient to prevent and cure the disease. However, these remedies help in softening the stool that is ready to come out. The home-made ayurvedic remedies are believed to be the most effective to soften the stool and reduce the pain and irritation that happens during bowel movements. Also, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will undoubtedly prevent the cause of diseases like these.