Bleeding hemorrhoids can be a cause of embarrassment, burning, Itching, pain and distress. If they are treated in the early stage, they can be cured completely. But patients can stop bleeding hemorrhoids with some simple home remedies with some changes in the daily diet and also they can use herbal remedies like taking pilesgon capsules etc.
Generally, hemorrhoids are of two types – internal and external. They can be of different sizes. Internal piles are very common and make their presence known due to bleeding with the movement of bowels that is the only sign of them. They may cause prolapse through the rectum. The second type of piles is the external piles, medically termed as Perianal Hematoma which affects the outer side of the rectum.
Also Read : – What Causes Hemorrhoids
We can see and feel it and they are very uncomfortable and painful too. Sometimes blood clots are formed within the external hemorrhoids which cause pain. When the external piles become thrombosed, it looks more frightening accompanied by significant pain and itching. Anal pain and bleeding are an alarm against hemorrhoids.
How To Stop Bleeding Hemorrhoids
There are many ways to stop bleeding hemorrhoids. These are listed below-
1. Pomegranate Peels
Sundry pomegranate peels and grinds them. Take 1 tablespoon three times a day with pure water. It is one of the best bleeding hemorrhoids home remedies.
2. Azadirachta Indica Seeds
Take Azadirachta indica seeds and grind to make a simple paste. Now mix some radish juice with this and consume. This mixture will stop bleeding piles very fast.
3. Amla powder with Curd or Butter
Take 1 tablespoon of Amla powder and mix with 50 gm of curd or pure white butter. Take this mixture three times in a day. It will surely stop bleeding very fast.
4. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt can be used as a healing agent and anti-inflammatory solution for treating bleeding hemorrhoids and also to prevent further bleeding, itching, pain, and irritation. Take half a cup of Epsom salt and add this to your sitz bath filled with warm water (not hot).Sit for 10 to 15 minutes and repeat if needed.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of best remedies to treat bleeding hemorrhoids. The anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties of aloe vera help reduce the irritation caused by hemorrhoids. It may be used for both internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids.
- For treating external hemorrhoids bleeding, apply a little quantity of aloe vera gel to your anus and slowly massage the painful area. This simple and easy remedy will give relief from the pain and soothe the burning sensation.
- To treat internal hemorrhoids bleeding, cut aloe vera leaves. Make sure to cut off the thorn-like parts of the leaves. Place the slices in a container and freeze them. Apply the ice cold aloe vera strips to painful hemorrhoid to relieve the pain, burning, and itching.
6. Ice Cubes
The first home treatment that is highly recommended is using ice cubes. Applying Ice cubes will help constrict the blood vessels, it will reduce the swelling and give immediate relief.Apply ice cubes packs to the anal area for a few minutes three to four times in a day, reduce piles pain and swelling of a blood clot or protruding piles.
- Apply an ice cubes pack or a partially melted piece of ice wrapped in a cloth directly on the affected area for about 10-15 minutes. Do this several times in a day until the hemorrhoids go away.
- You can even use a small pack of frozen vegetables such as corn or peas. Wrap the pack in a tea towel and then apply it on the hemorrhoid bleeding. Do this for 15-20 minutes at a time, three times in a day.
7. Lemon Juice
It contains various nutrients that can give you relief from piles by strengthening the capillaries and blood vessel walls.
- Saturate a cotton paper with freshly squeezed juice and apply that on the hemorrhoids. Initially, there will be some mild tingling or a burning sensation, but relief from the pain will soon follow.
- Alternatively, squeeze half a lemon juice into a cup of hot milk and drink it. Do this every three hours for best results.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon each of lemon juice, ginger juice, mint juice and honey together. Take this mixture once a day.
8. Almond Oil
Almond oil is also known for its emollient and deep tissue absorption properties, is used mainly for external bleeding hemorrhoids treatment. Dip a cotton paper in fresh almond oil and apply it on the affected area. It eases and moisturizes inflammation, and will relieve the burning and itching sensation in and around the anus. Do this 4 times in a day.
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is used primarily to treat external hemorrhoids. Olive oil will help to increase the elasticity of blood vessels, which in turn will help reduce inflammation and shrink the size of swollen blood vessels in the anal canal.
Crush the juice out of some plum slices and add it to olive oil. Apply this mixture on your bleeding piles.
The power of potatoes to removing excess fluid from skin surface acts as a boon when you have bleeding hemorrhoids. Potato paste will help in drying the area fast and this will help in stopping the bleeding and healing the wound. Potatoes have astringent properties that help to relieve the pain and itching associated with this condition.
- Wash 2 potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Blend to a have liquid form.
- Add a few teaspoons of water (if it is dry) and spread into a thin gauze bandage.
- Fold in half and apply to the hemorrhoids for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process as needed.
11. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains medium chain saturated oils which your body requires to prevent piles. Coconut oil has antiviral, antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties.
- Clean the affected area with a dry cotton cloth.
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected area gently.
- Repeat several times in a day to get relief from the pain, discomfort, and itching.
Method – 2:
- Dip a cotton ball in a bowl of the oil.
- Place on the affected area and hold it for few minutes
- Repeat this until the area soothes and pain is relieved completely.
It has a laxative effect that helps to soften the stools, which in turn helps to treat the hemorrhoids bleeding.
- Eat 2-3 prunes in a daily.
- Alternatively, prune supplements or prune juice can be consumed daily.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
The astringent property of apple cider vinegar helps to shrink the swollen blood vessels and gives relief from the swelling, irritation, and itching caused by internal and external hemorrhoids.
Method – 1: (Internal Hemorrhoids Bleeding)
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- Stir it well and drink this at least twice in a day.
- Fresh Honey can be added to make it taste better.
Method – 2: (External Hemorrhoids Bleeding)
- Soak a cotton paper in apple cider vinegar for few minutes.
- Gently press the paper against the inflamed area which can initially cause a stinging sensation.
- Repeat this several times in a day.
14. Black Tea Bags
Applying a black tea bags can also help in stopping bleeding piles.
- Dip a tea bag into the hot water for a few minutes before removing.
- Let it cool slightly before applying the teabag to the affected area for about 10-12 minutes.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times in a day.
Note: You can also apply the cold and used tea bags to the hemorrhoids for 10 minutes.
15. Turmeric – Turmeric having anti-inflammatory properties can be an effective treatment for bleeding hemorrhoids and have been used for centuries to treat the inflamed veins that cause a painful bowel movement. It can be used in combination with petroleum jelly, clarified butter or Aloe Vera gel.
It is a skin soothing herb that prevents an inflammatory response and controls pain. It can be applied as often as needed for the wound to heal and also as a prevention method so that the anal skin is well protected and moisturized.
17. Garlic – Garlic is a very helpful and extremely beneficial for treating hemorrhoids. It may be used as a suppository to get rid of hemorrhoids.
Garlic works by reinforcing blood vessels and destroying germs in the rectal region. It can also reduce skin inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the inflamed area in and around the anus. The properties of the herbal assist in quick recovery of damaged walls of the blood vessels. A garlic enema can cleanse the intestinal tract and reduce discomfort felt in passing bowels.
18. Green Tea- A simple home remedy is a green tea which too has anti inflammatory properties and helps in treating bleeding hemorrhoids. Use warm green tea for washing the painful area frequently especially after passing motions.
19. A mixture containing 10 grams of the pulp of ripe bael fruit, 3 grams of sugar, powder of 7 black peppers and 13 cardamoms is an effective ayurvedic treatment to check bleeding from piles.
20. Mesua ferrea, black sesame seeds mixed with pure ghee and butter are useful to check bleeding from piles.
Diet: Your daily diet should include food having fiber or roughage. Fiber contents in daily diet will decrease the constipation problem and in turn, lessen the pressure occurred on the rectum. Also, this minimizes the bleeding, itching, swelling and discomfort to a great extent. Spicy food and hard nuts, and consumption of alcohol should be strictly avoided.
Water: Drinking adequate amount of pure water will help to cleanse the internal system and hydrates the entire body. It also helps to facilitate the bowel movements and keep the stools soft. 8-10 glasses of water a day is recommended to us.
Take Sitz Baths to Reduce Irritation and Pain- Take a big bowl and fill it with warm water up to few inches height and sit in the warm water for 15 to 20 minutes three times in a day. This will surely help to reduce the inflammation of the veins and in turn hemorrhoids. Each and Every time after getting up from warm water, it is essential to dry off the rectum area completely in order to minimize the skin irritation around the rectum area.
Tablets and Capsules For Bleeding Hemorrhoids
1. Triphala Capsules
Triphala is an effective Ayurvedic home remedy for bleeding piles. It is useful for relieving constipation. Vara churn is the powder form of Triphala capsules which is more effective than the capsule form.
2. Kachnaar Guggul Tablets
Kachnaar Guggul tablets are used as an effective Ayurvedic treatment for piles and other uncontrolled growths in the body. These Ayurvedic tablets help in shrinking the pile mass and whenever there is an extra tissue growth in any part of the body.
3. Abhayarishta Medicine
Other popular medicine which is used as an Ayurvedic treatment of piles, is – Abhayarishta – 20 ml twice daily for preventing constipation. This is a liquid and very bitter in taste.
4. Pile-Off Capsules
The Pile-Off capsules, as the name suggests, help to shrink the pile mass, it relieves pain and itching too. These Pile-Off capsules are useful in bleeding as well as non-bleeding piles. The Pile-Off capsules are 100 % natural and also beneficial in internal as well as external piles or even sentinel tag. When used in mixture with Kachnaar guggul and Vara churna, it will surely help to eradicate the piles from the root. In the case of bleeding piles, the bleeding stops, and the pile mass shrinks.
5. Sanjivani Vati
Sanjivani Vati tablets are useful in curing bleeding piles and any diseases caused by an accumulation of end toxins in the body. The herbs contain effective Ayurvedic herbs for treatment of piles and other diseases similar to faulty metabolism.
Some Other Bleeding Hemorrhoids Treatment
1. For minor pain or itching of piles, or to reduce swelling, you may use over the counter topical creams/ointments or suppositories containing cortisone and formulated to relieve symptoms of hemorrhoids.
2. Over the counter treatment, rectal wipes containing zinc oxide can soothe the irritated area.
Commercially available stool softeners can be used if needed, but laxatives should be avoided because they can be irritating.
Try to avoid piles remedies promising to anesthetize the pain as they may cause even more irritation, pain, and Itching with prolonged use.
Injection, cautery or even surgery is required in stubborn cases
- bleeding hemorrhoids
- hemorrhoids bleeding
- bleeding hemorrhoids treatment
- bleeding piles treatment
- piles bleeding
- internal hemorrhoids bleeding
- how to stop bleeding hemorrhoids
- stop bleeding hemorrhoids